пятница, 1 октября 2021 г.

A medical check-up


These days I have a cold. All symptoms of it: I have a headache, a fever, a runny nose :( and a sore throat. Before taking any mixture it is important to get a medical check-up. And I suppose this little exercise will help you to learn  very nesessary vocabulary.

Read and translate the text, use verbs in brackets in correct forms.


I want to get a medical check-up. So I go to my doctor and he ..... (to give) me a complete examination. The nurse (to lead) me into a one of examination rooms. I (to put) on a hospital gown. Dr. Setton (to come) in, (to shake) my hand and (to say) "hello". I (to stand) on his scale so he can (to measure) my height and my weight. he (to take) my pulse. The he (to take) my blood pressure. After he takes my blood pressure, he  (to take) some blood for a blood analysis. he (to examine) my eyes, ears, nose, and throat. He (to listen) to my heart with a stethoscope. Then he (to take) a chest X-ray and (to do) a cardiogram (ECG or EKG). After the check-up I (to go) home and (to wait) for Dr.Setton's call. Dr.Setton (to call) in the afternoon and (to say) "Stop worrying! Your blood analysis is excellent". He is a very good doctor.
(из Голицинский "Грамматика. Сборник упражнений")

Now try to find English equevalents for the words below:

медицинский осмотр, сделать флюорографию, артериальное давление, кушетка, анализ крови, измерить пульс, сделать кардиограмму, полное обследование, весы, смотровая комната. измерить рост, взять кровь на анализ, слушать сердцебиение стетоскопом, измерить давление.

14 комментариев:

  1. very useful information, useful to me in the future

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Thanks for the information. Very useful. Despite the fact that the caronovirus is approaching, I will be more often examined

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Ответы
    1. Гамзаев Магомед8 ноября 2021 г. в 10:02

      Good job, Mariana Vladimirovna!
      Thanks for information

      Удалить
  4. Thanks for the information. I learned new and interesting words that I did not know

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. Очень информативно
    Спасибо большое)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. Гапизова Ирина13 декабря 2021 г. в 09:23

    Спасибо за информацию ❤

    ОтветитьУдалить

The Father of Microbiology

  1. Do you know who invented the first compound microscope?  2. Can you say who discovered bacteria, free-living and parasitic microscopic ...