понедельник, 2 ноября 2015 г.

BELIEVE VS. BELIEVE IN

The word 'believe' means 'accept as true; take to be true' 
Examples: We didn't believe his stories from the War. I believe you. I believe they will arrive shortly.


"To belive in" has the meaning 'to have firm faith (especially religious faith), confidence, or trust'
Examples:  I believe in your ability to solve the problem. I don't believe in ghosts. My children still believe in Father Christmas.

If you believe in an idea or policy, you think it is good or right: We believe in freedom of speech.

IDIOMS:
believe (one's) ears
is to trust what one has heard.


believe (one's) eyes is to trust what one has seen.


Can you answer the question now? DO YOU BELIEVE IN ALIENS?

(The image is from www.myhappyenglish.com)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

The Father of Microbiology

  1. Do you know who invented the first compound microscope?  2. Can you say who discovered bacteria, free-living and parasitic microscopic ...